Columbus Junction Public Library
Meeting Room Policy
1. Use of the Library meeting rooms will be for Library sponsored programs and Library related meetings or programs, such as Friends of the Library, Library Board and Regional Library Board meeting, Louisa County Librarians meetings, Summer Library Programs, book talks, author talks, tours, children and adult literary programs, or programs sponsored by the Library or the Friends group.
2. Use of meeting rooms in no way implies Library endorsement of ideas expressed in the meetings or of the aims and goals of the organizations using the facilities. In case a question is raised as to the objectives and activities of any organization, group, or individual requesting use of the meeting rooms, the Library Board shall be the final authority in granting or refusing permission for the use of the rooms. Organizations may not advertise the use of the Library facility in any way that implies sponsorship by the Library other than to indicate the name and address of the facility.
3. Meetings must not disrupt the general service of the Library. Noise and conduct is expected to be kept to a level that will not disrupt meetings or patrons in the Library. The Library reserves the right to cancel the use of rooms at any time.
4. Light refreshments may be served provided that the person in charge takes care of the clean-up. Meetings may be scheduled during and before or after regular Library hours if approved by the Library Director or Board of Trustees. Room requests must be made in advance for room usage.
5. Meetings will be expected to conform to standards of good behavior and those in charge will be responsible for any damage to Library property. All organizations must take reasonable precautions to avoid damage of equipment, furnishings, floor cover and other Library property. The Library reserves the right to require a damage deposit from organizations. Those in charge of the meeting will also be expected to leave the facility in the same condition as they found it.
adopted 12/2005; reviewed 3/2009; revised 5/2012; reviewed 12/2015