Displays, Posters, & Announcements Policy
1. In its role as a forum for information, free thought, and communication in the community, the Library will, at its discretion, exhibit displays and posters or announcements for the bulletin boards which have been submitted by community groups.
2. Only materials of community, national or world interest will be considered. Materials will be removed by library staff after dates on the fliers have passed and/or after 3 months of display.
3. All materials should fit in with the Library's collection or its broader goals as a source of information, education, and recreation. Examples may include job postings, local events, charitable organizations, etc.
4. Materials that cannot be accepted will include, but are not limited to, advertisement for personal gain or profit, political materials representing a single point of view, religious organizations representing a single point of view, or anything that may be harmful, hurtful, or inciting toward a particular group.
5. The Library retains, at all times the right to accept or reject, for any reason, any or all materials submitted for display.
Written February 2000
Adopted April 2000
Revised June 2002
Reviewed March 2009
Revised May 2012
Reviewed January 2016
Reviewed October 2019
Amended July 2022